[Zope] SiteAccess, ZZClass, and Set Access Rule

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 19:26:58 -0800

I've installed SiteAccess 2.0, and am attempting to set an access
rule for a ZClass that I'm defining.  The problem is that everytime
I attempt to define one of my DTML methods as an access rule it
returns (eg):

  "ProcessURL" is not the Id of a method of this object

If however I go and create a "real" folder, not a ZCLass, and put
the same ProcessURL DTML method in as an access rule, it works fine.

Is it not possible to define an access rule for a ZClass?

FWIW the problem I'm attempting to solve is to have an URL. sauy:

  http://site/X/

and to then have all the cruft after the X be pre-processed as the
seeds of an SQL query, so that for instance:

  http://site/X/Q/R/S

would go and dig up some set of nested SQL queries based on Q, R,
and S and then throw them at the index_html in X.  SiteAccess seemed
the way to do this...

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu