[Zope] Image upload fails on Linux PIII/550

Michael Hamilton michael@actrix.gen.nz
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 22:33:52 +1300 (NZDT)

I wonder if anyone else is having a similar problem:

I have an identical setup on a Pentium PII 266 and a PIII 550. Both
running Caldera Open Linux 2.3 with python 1.5.2 and Zope 2.1.2.  Both
Python and Zope were built from source.

Caldera 2.3 uses glibc-2.1.1 egcs-2.91.66 19990314 (egcs-1.1.2 release).

Creating new image objects on the PII works fine, i.e. I can view the
image after creating it.  Creating a new image object on the PIII results
in a broken image.

I have since transfered the PIII's Python and Zope installations to the
PII.  The images originally created on the PIII are still broken, but I
have no problem creating new ones. I checked for differences in the RPMS
installed on both boxes, and I've checked that the environment and user
setups are the same.

I now suspect there could be a problem in the libraries or compiler, or
possibly an architectural assumption/bug in the Zope or Python code.

I've seem other image loaded problems reported recently, are these
people also using PIII's?

I'm working around the problem by putting the images in directory
and using the LocalFS product to make them available within Zope.

---
Michael Hamilton ( http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/michael.hamilton )