[Zope] Zope-Debian was [Zope] Passwd doesn't take

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:50:32 -0500

I upgraded my Debian (Potato) Zope today and replicated the problem...

Somehow, INSTANCE_HOME and ZOPE_HOME were not set properly at invocation
of zope-z2 (symlinked to /usr/lib/zope/z2.py).

Setting the following at the beginning of z2.py makes everything work.

INSTANCE_HOME='/var/lib/zope'
ZOPE_HOME='/usr/lib/zope'

I am guessing that the exports in zopectl are either non-functional or
set for root and unavailable to www-data or something like that.

But at least I have something that works now...

-- Jim Washington