[Zope] Properties container: Descend from Folder or DTMLDocument?

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:23:57 -0500

Hi, all

I am working on a ZClasses thing that makes forms and automagically
saves form data into the ZODB.  I am assuming the response record (After
the 'submit' button is pressed) will be written once (e.g, a test or
survey) and changed rarely or never, so it is proper to use the ZODB.

I do not want to use a DB product, since if you change the form, you
need to modify the table, and that is not nice, either.

So, what I want is a thing that just has Properties I can add at
runtime.

Should this new ZClass descend from Folder or DTMLDocument?  From the
application's point of view, they are equivalently good, since both have
Properties I can modify.  Technically, though, which would be better?

-- Jim Washington