[Zope] Where does Zope store HTTP file uploads?

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:23:16 -0600

J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:02:22 -0000
> Phil Harris <phil.harris@zope.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > In my case there was 'traffic' in the c:\temp dir.
>
> > Is there such a notion on Unix?
>
> Unix systems commonly have multiple "temp" directories, /tmp,
> /usr/tmp, and /var/tmp being the common ones, each with slightly
> different policies as to when they will be cleared out and their
> contents deleted.
>
> Last I checked Python's tempfile() used /tmp by default.

Python's tempfile module searches using the following candidates, in order:

 os.environ[ 'TMP' ]
 os.environ[ 'TEMP' ]
 os.environ[ 'TMPDIR' ]
 "\TEMP"                                 # WinNT only
 "C:\TEMP"                                  "     "
 macfs.FindFolder( MACFS.kOnSystemDisk   # Mac only :)
                 , MACFS.kTemporaryFolderType )
 "/usr/tmp"
 "/tmp"
 os.getcwd() / os.curdir

and uses the first one it can create a file in.

Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com