[Zope] Upgrading Zope - Effect on Z Classes

Shaw, Mark Mark.Shaw@cadus.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:39:30 -0500

Hello All,

I'm trying to upgrade a Zope 2.0.1 site to 2.1.2.  I used
http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/zopeinstall/ZOPE-INSTALL-HOWTO
<http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/zopeinstall/ZOPE-INSTALL-HOWTO>
as a reference guide.  Everything seems to have worked fine except for a Z
class that I had previously created.  I created a new product as described
in http://www.zope.org/Members/lstaffor/zProperties
<http://www.zope.org/Members/lstaffor/zProperties>    After performing the
upgrade, the product is no longer functional.

As an alternate route, I tried exporting the product to a .zexp file.  That
worked fine, but I was then unable to import the file into the new Zope
instance.

Is there an upgrade path for Z Classes that I am as yet unaware of?  I still
consider myself a newbie.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for any help
provided.

		-Mark