[Zope] WebDAV with Office 2000

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:18:42 -0500

Erm, no Phil. This is WebFolders _trying_ to find out if the Zope server
supports Frontpage extensions.

The _vti_bin directory (vti == Vermeer Technologies Inc., the company
acquired by M$ that originally build FrontPage) is a special CGI like
directory  containing the scripts that handle communications on the
server side).

I can't recall the exact order of events, but it does mean that
WebFolders could not detect a WebDAV server. Is there a proxy or a
firewall in between you machine and the Zope server? Or is the Zope
server placed behind another web server (like Apache, IIS, or
something). Then it is very likely that the OPTIONS request is filtered
out before it reaches Zope.

In the case of a proxy or firewall: Get it to pass your requests
untouched, or bypass them completely.

In the case of Apache: There is a patch to tell Apache to pass all types
of requests to CGI apps, a similar change was made to FastCGI.

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149