[Zope] Zope and ODBC

Graham Chiu anon_emouse@hotmail.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:53:02 +1200

In article <20000120170008.3826.qmail@hotmail.com>, Roland Reumerman
<zope_ddi@hotmail.com> writes
>followed by a few inserts (and checked with a select).
>Then I typed the following on the Test tab page:
>
>select * from zopetest

Happens to me too!  But only on the test tab page.  Otherwise ODBC seems
to mainly work.

I have this other curious and extremely annoying problem.  If I log into
/manage, then almost invariably Zope disconnects the ODBC connection.
Sometimes it recovers the connection, other times I have to shut Zope
down and restart it before it will reconnect the ODBC connection.

The problem seems to be related to the ODBC driver.  I am using NT4 sp5
and Interbase ( which Inprise recently announced was being open sourced
).  When I use the Visigenic driver that came with version 4, I have the
above problem.  If I use the Intersolv driver that comes with version 5,
then the problem occurs much less frequently, but the Intersolv driver
seems unable to get all the data from a VAR char field so is pretty
useless.

-------
Regards,        Graham Chiu
gchiu<at>compkarori.co.nz