[Zope] WebDAV, Zope object locking

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 14:23:47 PST

>From: Michel Pelletier
> > When several people are working on the same site,
> > what is the current approach in preventing two
> > people modifying the same object?
>Lock the object in a version so that the user who is not currently
>logged into the version gets an error when they try to modify the
>object.

Wow! I never played with Zope version feature, partially
because I am used to Microsoft's Visual Source Safe and it
is a monsterous pain. Zope's version feature is so much
simpler and makes so much more sense! I am impressed. I
guess I'll have to be more careful with what Microsoft
wants to make me believe. :)

thanks!

Hung Jung