[Zope] [ZGotW] Issue #1 Entry

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:45:37 -0600

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Zope Guru of the Week wrote:
> > making a dtml method showfoo and calling it as
> > <dtml-call "displayfootypes(_.None,_)"> will work. I've even done it once or twice. A long time ago.
>
> I'm rather confused by this question. Why not simply put the DTML you
> want to factor out in a seperate DTML method called 'displayfootypes'
> (or whatever), and then use <dmtl-var displayfootypes> whenever you
> want to use it?

Umm, sorry, I guess that my intent isn't clear.  The intent is to reuse the
loop, but be able to vary the meta_type(s) being passed to the loop:  in one
spot, it would be 'FooType', but in another, "[ 'Folder', 'DTML Document' ).

Thanks for pointing this out -- I'll modify the question accordingly.
Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com