[Zope] Re: Zope as a content manager for static web sites

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:38:49 PST

butch landingin <butchlan-@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Why not just let the static content stay as a static pages in a directory
>somewhere,

I posted another reply, exactly because I knew people
would get confused and not understand what exactly
Bob Crosley wants to do. Please read my posting to
understand why he needs to do what he needs to do. :)

>One of the downsides of this approach, however, is that you tend to miss
>out on a lot of Zope's unique capabilities...

He knows that. But with a web hosting service that
does not provide Zope, his approach is the next best
thing to do. :) And you'd be surprised how many people
would like to do the same thing.

Sooner or later, someone will write up a Zope product to
make this process easier. :)

regards,

Hung Jung