[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Zope Futures discussion: your input

Federico Di Gregorio fog@mixadlive.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:11:25 +0100

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered J C Lawrence's letter:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:43:55 -0500 (EST)
> Dan L Pierson <dan@sol.control.com> wrote:
>
> > Does Debian's Zope package support updating an existing Zope site
> > to a new version of Zope without disturbing the contents and
> > products in the site?
>
> In general, yes.  At least I've done any of half a dozen apt-get
> updates of Zope without anything breaking.  This is of course apt's
> and dpkg's main claim to fame: network upgrades and installs that
> self configure and deliver working systems.

when you upgrade the packaging system makes sure zope is stopped,
then all the files (apart from configuration ones) are removed
(note that Data.fs is not in the package, so it is left untouched)
and replaced by new ones. then daemons (zope) are restarted. voila'.
a working system after upgrade.

ciao,
federico

p.s. if it does not work it is not my fault, ok? :)

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE System Programmer                           fog@mixadlive.com