[Zope] RE: [Zope-dev] Zope Futures discussion: your input

Ross Boylan RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 13:17:03 -0800

I think the key issues are

1) Documentation  and
2) Simplification of the actual system and
3) Documentation

Though 2) is more ambitious, it would obviously make 1) easier.

For example, there are ZClasses, python classes, other objects created in
the Zope tree.  There's also dtml.

Want to add a variable?  It could go in a ZClass, python class, or be
"property" (if I have the right lingo) thrown into an existing object which
obeys the management interface.

There's more than one way to do it (tm) is someone else's slogan!

I, and I think others, have struggled with exactly how information and calls
on the browser/dtml side map to and from stuff happening in python space.