[Zope] Looping construct for DTML

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 00:53:15 -0800

Is there any chance of a looping construct for DTML?

Fairly often I find I need to do a pretty simple piece of looping
control, for instance repetitively popping items off the URL path
under SiteAccess to do something with them, and I find that I have
everything I need under DTML except a <dtml-while expr>.  I know I
could do an embedded method, but the task is *really* lightweight
and obvious, and going to a whole other method for a little bit of
string-fu seems overkill.

Perfect would be:

  <dtml-while "expr">
  </dtml-while>

Yes, I realise the dangers of infinite loops.  Simple limit controls
should handle that tho.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu