[Zope] OT: __setstate__ and friends

Stephen Pitts smpitts@midsouth.rr.com
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 15:15:31 -0600

> Currently objects can evolve themselves in their __setstate__ method.
> The pack operation doesn't really know much about objects and their
> classes, just records and transactions.
I'd like to point out that a __setstate__ method, like a  __str__
method, cannot be created in a ZClass. Any particular reason why? How
about providing the functionality of a super-"Renderable Base Z-Class"
automatically to all ZClasses by creating default __str__, __setstate__,
etc. methods that map to valid DTML method names?
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com