[Zope] Renaming ID errors

Thomas thomas@madeforchina.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:20:33 +0800

Dear Zope Folks,

I have a ZCLASS named article.  When creating an 'article', an external
method is called which translated the id value so as to avoid any character
which Zope does not like

For example, if I input:

"http://www.zope.org/helpmeplease.html"   as the article id, the
constructor translates this into:

 http%3a%2f%2fwww.zope.org%2fhelpmeplease.htm

I have already created a few dozen of these articles and now realize that
it is a very bad idea to namethings this way.  Renaming these is normally
not a problem.   Now I also have a 'Catalog' which keeps track of all these
new articles.  I cleared the catalog, find all again within the catalog,
and now try to rename  and I get the following error message:

Error Type: ValueError
Error Value: Uncatalog of absent id
'51go/Games/Bible/http%253a%252f%252fbob.com'

It looks like the internal id is different from the external id that Zope
presents me... ie it ran the script twice and decoded the url twice.  I
don't care anymore about that script and just want to rename these objects.

Its strange... I can update and change the objects properties, but cannot
change the article's name.  Has anyone else seen this error message before?
 Any help or ideas on how to get around this error message would be very
much appreciated.

Tom