[Zope] help on addProperty

Jerome ALET Jerome.Alet@unice.fr
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:18:34 +0100

Hi there,

I'm having a newbie problem:

I've created a form asking for some fields (id, title, link) and
I want to create a folder with id=id and title=title but with
a new property called link whose value is the value typed in
the form for field named link.

after having quickly read the list archives, I'm now able to create the
folder, but whenever I try to create the property it's created
in the folder's parent.

here's what I do:

----------

<dtml-call "manage_addFolder(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST['title'], REQUEST=_.None)">

<dtml-with "REQUEST.id">
<dtml-call "manage_addProperty('link', REQUEST['link'], 'string')">
</dtml-with>

the manage_addFolder works as expected, but the manage_addProperty creates
the property in the newly created folder's parent.

please could someone give me some help.

another question:
where can I find a complete reference on useable methods and their
parameters ?

thanks.
Jerome