[Zope] Downloadable list archives

Lalo Martins lalo@webcom.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 11:38:31 -0200

The downloadable list archives would IMHO be more useful if
they could just be loaded on any mail program and read as if
you're a subscriber since the beginning.

For that to work, they need:

1: to have their ``From '' lines in the correct date format;
currently is
From mike@digicool.com Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:03:23 -0500 (EST)
but the correct is
From mike@digicool.com Mon jan 10 15:03:23 2000 -0500
I know this sounds like excess nitpicking, but some mail
clients don't recognize the line as a message separator if it
is in an incorrect format.

2: maintain the Message-id, References and In-reply-to headers,
so we can thread them decently (and new messages will just plug
themselves in the existing threads if that is the case).

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.