[Zope] DTML editing tips, for emacs or otherwise?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph@twistedmatrix.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 12:51:46 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Erno Kuusela wrote:

> i usually edit with joe or emacs. joe doesn't support ftp transparently
> so that would be a bit painful.

I usually edit with XEmacs -- however, how do I ftp into a zope server?!

I can't find the documentation on this (I really need to learn how to read
the Zope site ... it currently mystifies me) but does Zope run an ftp
server on a funny port by default?  I actually spent some time hacking
WebDAV clients to do recursive fetches because I couldn't figure this
out!

Finally, how does Emacs (or XEmacs) support FTP transparently? I've been
using it for 5 years and I've never run across this feature =)

----
The Tao is like a glob pattern:             It is masked but always present.
used but never used up.                     I don't know who built to it.
It is like the extern void:                 It came before the first kernel.
filled with infinite possibilities.         [glyph@twistedmatrix.com]