[Zope] Re. Fitting Zope into publishing process

Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:23:48 -0500

Hi John,

No, you're not alone in your search for "the way" to mesh Zope with a
"traditional" (brain dead?) Web site. This is exactly where I'm at, and
though I'd love to see my team on a path to total Zope-dom, it's not
realistic.

I'm looking at several tools that other Zopephiles have put together to see
how best to leverage what Zope doesn't control, meanwhile showcasing as many
flashy features that Zope can add along the way.

My approach, which is very much a process of discovery, is to create a Web
Forms based Work Flow Application, with URLs, user IDs, Roles and
Permissions, tucked neatly in a backend RDB, with some pre-commit
"buffering" in Zope's internal GadFly implementation.

Here's some of my current toolkit :

LocalFS from Jonathan Farr
	http://www.zope.org/Members/jfarr/LocalFS/LocalFS-0.1.4.tgz/

PseudoImage from K S Lee
	http://www.zope.org/Members/kslee/pseudo_image/

ZFormulator from Martijn Faassen
	http://www.zope.org/Members/faassen/ZFormulator

TTImage from RainDog
	http://www.zope.org/Members/RainDog/TTImage

MySQLUserFolder from vladap
	http://www.zope.org/Members/vladap/mysqlUserFolder

and I have high hopes for the rapid development of the Xen project from
Netizen,
	http://bits.netizen.com.au/Xen/

and of course scouts are always on the lookout for the 1.0 release of the
Zope Portal Toolkit!
	http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK

The need to weave Zope into the status quo is bound to be the common thread
across many sites, and this may be a big enough topic to have a dedicated
forum.

Later,
Jerry S.