[Zope] Status of official documentation

Eron Lloyd woodsage@Op.Net
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:00:16 -0500

Hello zopers! What's going on with the Zope Guides? Does anyone have the
"scoop"? I understand that some time ago there was a initiative within
D.C. to work on the docs - what came of that? It seems the ZDP is
steadily picking up speed, and even I'd like to contribute, but I feel I
don't yet know nearly enough about Zope at all to make any contribution.
Unfortunately I'm one of those people that can only learn well either by
a.) taking it apart, and trying to put it back together, b.) pushing all
kinds of buttons and watching what happens, or c.) reading some
extensive documentation with lots of examples. I can't take Zope apart
and there aren't any neat little buttons to push; it seems to me that
the cosmic complexity of Zope bundled with a lack of complete documents
(no offense, Pam...) make insignificant little newbies like my twirl in
a circle of confusion and fall over......help?

Eron