[Zope] use of DTML in object property values?

Darran Edmundson dee124@rsphy1.anu.edu.au
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:52:57 +1100 (EST)

I recall this question was posted a few months ago
on the list but I don't recall a response ...

Is it possible to include DTML in object property
values (string or text entries)?  Why would you want
this?

Imagine that the variable "sitevar1" is available via
acquisition throughout the ZODB.  If content updaters
for the site know that sitevar1 is defined, they can
avoid hard-coding this value when editing properties
and instead use the snippet <dtml-var sitevar1>.

Cheers,
Darran.