[Zope] Link scanning

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:48:35 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Ben Glazer wrote:

> > Has anyone gotten a link checker to work with Zope? If so, which one, and
> > how did you set it up.
>
> We use LinkBot Pro (http://www.linkbot.com) from Watchfire here.  The only
> potential problem with LinkBot is that it costs money.
>
> I evaluated several other free link checkers.  I don't think I could get
> anything other than LinkBot to work to my satisfaction.  The setup is very
> straightforward -- I don't think you'll have any trouble with it.

Actually, I think I'm just going to go with a hacked version of
webchecker. It works fine on Zope sites and every other of our sites I've
tried it on. And it was easy to hack to add support for basic
authentication (the only thing it lacked that I needed).

So if anyone just needs basic link checking for Zope, just use webchecker.
If anyone wants my authentication hack, let me know.

---

John Eikenberry
[jae@kavi.com - http://zhar.net/]
 will deserve neither and lose both."