[Zope] Any news from ZOPE track?

Ryan Hughes worldpilot@worldpilot.org
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 02:35:57 +0100

Anthony Baxter wrote:

> > > - A really cool workgroup email/calendarding/contact management system
> > > called WorldPilot (which is based on Zope) is going to be open-
> > > sourced...
> > http://demo.worldpilot.com:8080/site/

http://www.worldpilot.org
will get you there, too.

> > A beta is available for download...
>
> I've got this working on my standard Zope CVS install - I had to copy
> just the lib/python/Products/WorldPilot/ directory to my install, then
> make the directories specified in the INSTALL file. Problems
> I've found so far:
>
> It expects a pickled file in /var/spool/worldpilot/sessions/Logons to
> exist - I think I fooled it here by making it a pickle of an empty
> dictionary. from looking at the code, this seems ok.
> Something like the following will work:
>
> % cd /var/spool/worldpilot/sessions
> % python
> Python 1.5.2 (#2, Sep 12 1999, 16:22:52)  [GCC 2.7.2.3] on linux2
> Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam

Thanks for the notice. I'll check into that issue. This is the file,
that backups the currently active session to disk, so that it's possible
to stop and restart the server without making session ids invalid.

> When you create a WorldPilot object, you get something that looks
> a lot like the add form from the Poll product :)

Believe it or not that's where where worldpilot started out at ;-)
After a tweaks it ended up with a little bit more functionality than
Poll.
I left the add form code around in case we do make a setup that stores
it's settings in ZODB, but currently we try to keep that external, so
that worldpilot storage and config are outside of ZODB, for update
purposes.

> The code's a leeetle bit too enthusiastic with bareword 'except:'
> clauses around problem areas. This can make finding problems a bit
> ugly.

Sorry.

> Other than that, it seems to be working fine - I had to tweak the
> source a little to get it to use the IMAP server that I wanted, but
> heck, that's fine.
>
> Anthony

If you have any issues regarding other IMAP servers, just let me know,
and I'll get them included.

Cheers,
Ryan

--