[Zope] Any news from ZOPE track?

Ryan Hughes worldpilot@worldpilot.org
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 02:51:47 +0100

Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote:

> +----[ Anthony Baxter ]---------------------------------------------

> | > http://demo.worldpilot.com:8080/site/
> |
> | It expects a pickled file in /var/spool/worldpilot/sessions/Logons to
> | exist - I think I fooled it here by making it a pickle of an empty
> | dictionary. from looking at the code, this seems ok.
> | Something like the following will work:
>
> Be very very careful with this file.
>
> The INSTALL says the files have to be mode 777. If you have
> a zope user that you run Zope as, I recommed that you chown
> all the files to that user and chmod them 600.

The INSTALL doc has to get changed. That was only meant if you run into
trouble.
The only problem, is if Zope get's launched under a different UID/GID
than it runs under later on. There's some code that creates missing
directories and files, and this seems to be yet executed as the user
that launches Zope. If there's a mismatch there, you'll run in
permission problems. The mode 777 is only for "testing", not for
production environments.

> Logins and Passwords are kept in plaintext in this file.

This can be made optional, but then the sessions are lost if the server
get's stopped. The password is necessary to make authenticate the IMAP
connections. I'm open to any other suggestions?

> | Other than that, it seems to be working fine - I had to tweak the
> | source a little to get it to use the IMAP server that I wanted, but
> | heck, that's fine.
>
> Hrm I can get it to connect to my IMAP server, but, python just
> spins at 100% CPU... any ideas?

Which IMAP server?
I suspect it could be in the IMAP parsing/processing code, if it's an
IMAP server worldpilot hasn't been tested against.

> Todo and notes and calendar and stuff seem to be ok... and
> in English :-)

Cheers,
Ryan

--