[Zope] Bug report (?)

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph@twistedmatrix.com
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 20:12:20 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Pavlos Christoforou wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, [iso-8859-1] Jérôme Loisel wrote:
>

> > 	Eventually, I got frustrated. Modifications I was making in the Gimp did
> > not seem to affect what I saw in Zope. I eventually deleted
> > /Foo/FooImages/coin_rond_bleu once more, and re-imported the image as
> > /Foo/FooImages/coin_rond_bleu2. That actually worked.
> > 	It seems that petit_coin_rond, even when officially "deleted" by Zope,
> > still survives somehow, and haunts my database. Ghastly.
>
> Hmmm sounds like a client caching problem to me. Caching creates many
> weird not-so-serious problems, whereas database problems usually create
> straightforward very-serious problems.

Assuming this is with Netscape on Linux, it is definitely a client caching
issue.  'reload' does not cause netscape to reload images -- ever.  You
have to open the image directly (right-click on it, select "view
image") and then hit 'reload' -- then that one image will get reloaded.

Luck...

---
Even if you can deceive people about a product through misleading statements,
sooner or later the product will speak for itself.
- Hajime Karatsu