[Zope] Re. Zope/SuSE 6.x How-To v0.1 ready for review

Jules zope@jules.com
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 12:00:21 -0500

| Maybe I'm thinking of an obsolete version, but isn't SuSE able to use
| RPM's for package installation? I thought (at one point, anyhow) their
| default package format was RPM.

Yes it does but until the Linux Standard Base (www.linuxbase.org) agrees on
where everything should be, each distro *may* require a separate RPM. From
what I've gathered on the list, Red Hat differs enough from SuSE that the
RPM installation will fail -- can anybody confirm this> Does Red Hat use
/etc/rc.config? I don't have RH around to try and test it.

If you want to try the RPM out and prove me wrong, I've love to eat a big
bowl of crow ;-)

Cheers,
Jules