[Zope] aquisition problem

Terry Kerr terry@adroitnet.com.au
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:03:58 +1100

Hi,

I am having a problem with aquisition within a python product...well I
don't think I understand it properly yet.

I have a folder inside a product, and an object within that folder.  A
view of that object allows the user to call a function from the base
class of the product.  That function tries to get the id of the object
that called it.   The function that is called is access by the URL:

/home/product/folder/object/function

I would have assumed that self.aq_parent would have done the trick, but
it returns the name of the folder that contains the product (home), and
self.id returns the name of the product.  How can I get into context
which object the method was called from?

terry

--
Terry Kerr (terry@adroit.net)
Adroit Internet Solutions (www.adroitnet.com.au)