[Zope] WebDAV client for MacOS (and question)

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:17:09 -0500

> For those interested, there is a functional Mac WebDAV client
> called Goliath
> at <http://www.webdav.org/goliath/> with source and
> executable available
> under the Gnu GPL.
>
> Interestingly, DTML methods downloaded via WebDAV are
> executed first so that
> the resulting html is sent (similar to what would be sent to
> a web browser
> for a standard http request) rather than the dtml code of the
> method. This
> limits the usefulness of WebDAV for editing methods and
> dynamic pages. Does
> anyone know whether there is something I need to set up in
> Zope to allow it
> to send the actual method code (I'm running Zope 2.1.2)?

This is a problem for all DAV servers that deal with dynamic
content :(  The DAV working group has been surprisingly resistant
to widening their scope to cover dynamic content - surprising to
me, at least, given the growing ubiquity of .asp, php, dtml, etc.

Apparently MS decided to stop beating their head against this and
came up with their own magic header that lets their (win2K/ exchange)
DAV server know that you want the _unprocessed_ content. I suspect
that in lieu of an "official" solution, this will catch on. Once
there are clients that know about this, I expect we will support it
in Zope as well.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909