[Zope] Re: ZClass in ZClass problem

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 12:38:39 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> They are a special feature of ZClass development.  The spaces let you
> write implementations of methods that would otherwise conflict with
> existing methods.  That's why you can, for example, write your own
> "manage_main", which would normally conflict with the implementation of
> manage_main in the Folder class.  Instances of ZClasses remove the
> trailing space, making the method fully available.

   Understand.

> Now, it sounds like Zope may have some problems with property sheets and
> URL conversions.  Let's try to solve that.

   Which way?

   Few weeks ago I installed 2.2.0b2 and did experiments with SiteSummary
and FlexFAQ (ZClassess I've downloaded from www.zope.org). I didn't have
any problem.

   Later I installed 2.2.0b3 and without testing SiteSummary I went to
creaty my own ZClassess. This didn't work. Then I found SiteSummary has the
problem, too. Seems I broke someting. The first thing to try will be to
reinstall Zope from the very beginning and not install any additional
Products, right?

----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru