[Zope] Re: Every user should have the Anonymous role everywhere (was :Re: [Zope] Authentication, Anonymous and Public)

Stuart Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:27:46 +1000 (EST)

On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Chris Withers writes:
>  > Dieter Maurer wrote:
>  > > In Zope, each user has a set of roles.
>  > > Any user has the "Anonymous" role. Log-in users may have
>  > > additional roles.
>  >
>  > I'm not convinced this is true...
> The Content Manager Guide (Security, Authorization) states it
> this way:
>
>   The "Anonymous" role, which all users have implicitly, ....

Ahh... I thought I saw this somewhere. Either a bug in the documentation,
or in BasicUserFolder. Either way it should go in the collector. Since
few (if any) of the user folders use this, it may be best handled in
the Zope source if it is decided that it isn't a documentation error.

--
Stuart Bishop                          Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Senior Systems Alchemist               Play: zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au