[Zope] How do I merge form & URL vars into sql easily

asjf11@uaa.alaska.edu asjf11@uaa.alaska.edu
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:31:56 -0800

I am a new user to Zope and I'm trying to pass data that has been
entered into a form (either through GET or POST) into another
object.  This object calls a z sql method to insert the form data into
the database.  So far, the only way I've found to pass data to the
sql is to define arguments for it and then, in the dtml-document (or
method) use:
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set['argument','value']">
(and it took me long enough to figure THAT out, let me tell you)
The problem is that sucks when there are 30 form varibles that
need to be inserted into the database.
	I would think that there is some way to let the sql method see
these varibles that are defined within my document.  Or loop
through all URL or form varibles defined and sets all the vars in
request. Something to keep from having to write the above dtml 30
times.  Thanks.

Jake Feasel