[Zope] Is Zope slow?

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 12:32:59 +1000

On Thu, 06 Jul 2000, Firestar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm considering using Zope as the development tool for my next web project.
> However, I read from a recent benchmark test (from Qube, i think) that
> Zope(running thru Zserver?) is much SLOWER than Apache and AOLserver.  Is
> that true? To all Zope users and 'guru's, what is yr experience using Zope?

Absolutely.  Apache is many times faster than Zope. (Don't know much about
AOLserver, but anything with AOL..... :)

However, Apache can't do squat compared with Zope when it comes to dynamic
content.

So, if you want to server static content, fast.... use apache.
If you want to server dynamic content, use Zope.

If you want to speed up your dynamic content, check the Zope HOWTOs,
especially the ones detailing using Squit in HTTP Accelerator mode.

> regards,
> firestar

Have a better one,
	Curtis Maloney.