[Zope] Is Zope slow?

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:43:07 +0200

>Well, i do appreciate the 'extra' features that Zope provides, but speed is
still a matter of concern here. Imagine showing my boss "what my website can
do" and all those advanced features, but it crawls like a snail...

>Anyway, thanks for your reply. I will certainly pick up 'Zope':), but just
wondering whether it will replace what i have been using, i.e. PHP.

If you have many accesses to Zope there is also the ZEO (Zope Enterprise
Option, currently in alpha) that let's you turn your Zope server into a
distributed one, scaling to many reads. This makes it suitable for _high_
traffic sites. See http://www.zope.org/Products/ZEO/

my 2 (euro)cents

Rik