[Zope] newbie questions

Frank McGeough Frank McGeough" <fm@synchrologic.com
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 21:02:31 -0400

Hi,

I've setup zope and zwiki to use for internal collaboration. I'm
having fun and doing some useful stuff without knowing too much or
appearing too stupid. I've decided to do something more adventuresome
to learn some more. I'd like to tie in our SourceSafe version control
system so I could do reports that list what has been checked in since
a date or label. So I have to get input from the user from this and
then use SourceSafe com interfaces to gather the data and put it in a
nice format. Is this a good project for zope? It would be very useful
for checking progress on projects when I'm off-site because using the
SourceSafe UI over a modem has horrid performance problems. Along
those lines would it be possible to use the Zope tree control to mimic
the SourceSafe project tree stuff so the whole thing could be
accessible using a modem?

Also, is there a backup facility for the zodb? I have built a few
pages using zwiki and I'd like to ensure that they would survive a
hard disk crash or other nastiness. Thanks.

Frank