[Zope] Which PostGreSQL DA should I use?

Bak @ kedai bak@nstp.com.my
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:03:26 +0800

On Fri, 07 Jul 2000, Eric L. Walstad wrote:
> OK, I am thinking about going from MySQL to PostgreSQL for its transactions
> and subqueries.  I am curious which DA I should use and why.  I see that I
> can choose from:
>
> 1. SQLRelay
> 2. ZPoPyDA
> 3. ZPyGreSQLDA
>
> Which are you using and why did you choose it over the others?

i have been asking the same Q too.  i am current;y using ZPygreSQLDa, and have
been from the start.  i think there's no more development done on this  DA (
imight be wrong though).

i wanted to try PoPy, but the last time i checked, i can't get the PoPy tar
ball.  this is actively maintained, i think

SQLRelay, i have compiled and installed, but i can't figure out how to use it.
i cant start the listener without an error.( can't bind something).  and i'm
not too sure how how the connect string looks like if i have a user with no
password.  but i think this may be the best solution, since we can specify the
connection pool, and have a cache for results too.

> Thanks for your time.
>
> Eric.

what are the rest using?  has anybody successfully use SQLRelay?  how 'bout a
how to? :)

thanks >