[Zope] help! zope down on it's knees

Bak @ kedai bak@nstp.com.my
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:03:46 +0800

greetings and help!

my site is experiencing major slow down.  connecting to zope takes more than
5-6 minutes.  this happens when i got a lot of users connecting. (apache
connection > 250).  everything works great if i got < 100 user connections

what i've done
-upgrade apache to serve more than 256 users by editing httpd.h
-up the zope thread from the default to a greater number (100)
-added more RAM total = 4G

when i connect from the server console, with
lynx localhost:8080 , i got a long wait with

HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
( about 5-6 minutes for a 20Kb file)

if i render the page and let apache serve it,  the request is served
immedietly.  i think this has to do with zope inability to cope with requests.
i'm looking at putting squid in front and see what happens.  or is it my
setting?

this is happening on a production server and is very bad.  help and pointers to
tune zope is apprecieted very VERY much

this is zope 2.1.6, on RH with SMP and 4G RAM

meanwhile, i'll go bang my head before i look at this again.

thanks and help, please!

http://www.kedai.com.my/kk
Am I Evil?