[Zope] help! zope down on it's knees

Bak @ kedai bak@nstp.com.my
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:47:43 +0800

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Chris McDonough wrote:
> I'm curious about the fact that apache can render the page immediately
> by talking through pcgi/fcgi to ZServer but ZServer can't render the
> page quickly when you talk to it directy via HTTP.   The only reasoning
> I can see for that is some sort of caching at the browser or in the http
> server.  Have you been able to determine which methods are taking the
> longest amounts of time?

oops.  i didn't state that clear enough.  i rendered the page fro ZServer and
put it in apache.  no going through pcgi/fastcgi.  just straight apache.

what i did:
lynx -source http://my.server/ > /home/httpd/html/images_an/

> I know you're under pressure to get this solved.  I doubt you're going
> to find a quick solution to this.  You may want to take this opportunity
> to start on the path to 2.2 and ZEO.  If you need to solve it fast, get
> Squid or another caching proxy up in front of it in order to give
> yourself some breathing room and then start work on 2.2 and ZEO.

i'm cookin here.  i'm putting squid in fornt and hope to see something comes
out of it.

will report soon