[Zope] Re: low level HTML in Zope

Anser anser@pobox.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:33:42 -0400

"Henny van der Linde" <linde@inline-info.nl> wrote:
> ...Zope forces you often to go to  nitty gritty details of HTML
programming.
> I think that's a good thing (for me). GUI tools tend to make
> you very lazy and often produce horrible HTML (for example Frontpage).

Today's best WYSIWYG editors produce excellent HTML, including Dreamweaver
and Allaire Homesite.  (There should be a rule that nothing is every
usefully compared to the hideous Frontpage.)

Zope's text box interfaces do encourage you to mess with low level HTML, but
there is no help or verification that you actually know what you're doing.
Learning raw HTML is fun and can be useful, but if you program that way, you
should always follow up with a *validator* like CSE HTML Validator or a
recent build of Weblint.  You will find errors!  And errors do matter!