[Zope] Re: SQL returning zero rows hangs ... but not with Gadfly !

Nigel Head nhead@houbits.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:04:46 +0000

OK -- I updated to the latest CVS version, ran Zope in DEBUG mode and ...

1) ZPyGres now works as expected.

2) PopY produces an error message :
     PQgetlength: ERROR! tuple number 0 is out of range 0..-1

If I don't run in debug mode then Zope just silently restarts with PoPy ....

So - something changed in Zope (witness maybe checkin of SQL error handling?)
which made PZyGres work again and PoPy has a problem with zero row results (some
unguarded call to PQgetlength in PoPymodule.c it seems).

Thanks to all who replied to my earlier query and convinced me that it worked
for them ......

Probelm solved for now (even if I don't know what was fixed in the latest Zope
checkin!). Life on the edge .....

 --
Nigel Head
Houbits Hi-Tech Servers