[Zope] upgrade to 2.2 zsql authentication problem

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:30:38 -0400

> I create a zsql method in 2.2b4, using the test tab the zsql
> method works
> ok. The problem is when I use a dtml method or document
> (executable objects)
> to call the zsql method with a IN statment, a not authorized
> browser box
> appears. I'm aware of the ownership changes but on my port
> I'm having this
> problems only with zsql methods so I wonder if this is only
> related with
> this product before diving into the ownership issues.

Julio -

I can't reproduce this here (using the Gadfly db connection
and DTML that looks like:

<dtml-in getdata>
<dtml-var item_id>, <dtml-var item_name>, <dtml-var item_desc>
</dtml-in>

Can you tell me:

  o What db connection you are using

  o What the dtml of your <in> statement looks like

  o the permissions on the DTML method, the DB connection
    and the SQLMethod you are calling

  o and the ownership settings of each of the above?

Thanks!

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909