[Zope] SECURITY ROLES and < DTML-IN>

Theodore Patrick tpatrick@IndigoNetworks.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:04:37 -0500

I am having trouble rendering a <DTML IN> in ZOPE 2.2.0 to any user
regardless of roles.

I have allocated the proper rights to all objects used and nothing happens.
The <IN> will not let any user view its contents.

<DTML IN>

I am using an <IN> in a DTML Document to render the contents of an
SQL_Method from and Oracle Database.
There are 3 objects.

1. Database Connection(ORACLE) - Working and can run test. OK

2. SQL_Method(VIEW_METHOD)- Working and can see results when run.
	SQL: select id, v_id vid, item_name name, url from item
	The SQL method returns columns: id, vid, name, url as expected. OK

3. DTML Document - Works fine with an IN that renders folder properties.
Change the Source of the <DTML IN to the SQL_Method and it will prompt me
for user authentication.

<dtml-in VIEW_METHOD size=1000 start=query_start>
<dtml-var id>, <dtml-var vid>, <dtml-var name>, <dtml-var url>
</dtml-in>

When used it prompts the user to login - REGARDLESS OF CURRENT LOGIN and
returns the following error.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\PROGRA~1\island8\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 222, in
publish_module
  File C:\PROGRA~1\island8\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187, in
publish
  File C:\PROGRA~1\island8\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 171, in
publish
  File C:\PROGRA~1\island8\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160, in
mapply
    (Object: view)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\island8\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 112, in
call_object
    (Object: view)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\island8\lib\python\OFS\DTMLMethod.py, line 167, in
__call__
    (Object: view)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\island8\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_String.py, line
502, in __call__
    (Object: view)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\island8\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_In.py, line 602,
in renderwb
    (Object: view_method)

Things I have tried.

1. Opening up security all the way on all objects. Doesn't work. It
continues to ask me to log-in.
2. Proxy the DTML Documents ROLE to a higher role for the SQL_METHOD. Fails
just as before.

Is this a bug? Can anyone else confirm this.

PLATFORM: WINDOWS NT 4
ZOPE: 2.2.0 Final Release.