[Zope] Importing exchange rates

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 23:06:01 -0400

Adrian Madrid wrote:

> I need to obtain the current exchange rates for the yen, mark, etc. with
> at least once a day, preferrably every other 15". Is there an easy way
> to do this in Zope?

It depends on where the exchange rates are.

If you get them from a database, you can make zope display the current
rates.

If you get them from a web page, you can use the client feature of zope
to go snarf the web page and then extract what you need (hope you have
permission :)

If some other mechanism can write them to a file, you can suck them up
with an external method whenever someone asks for it.

hope that helps,
--
ethan mindlace fremen
Zopatista Community Liason