[Zope] <dtml-if> errors in sql method

Tim Hicks Tim Hicks" <tim.hicks@iname.com
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:50:33 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Haley" <ghaley@venaca.com>
To: "Tim Hicks" <tim.hicks@iname.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 7:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] <dtml-if> errors in sql method

> Hi,
>
> Are you searching for the exact word "Plays", or is there a
> variable called Plays against which you are trying to match
> a value?  If it's the latter, having the single quotes is
> teling it to search for the literal.  If you are setting the
> value of plays in a higher call, eg. <dtml-call
> "REQUEST.set('Plays', Play_titles)">, your if expression
> would need to be "which_table == Plays".
>
> Hope this is helpful, as it is a mistake I am always making!
>
> ciao!
> greg.
>
> Gregory Haley
> venaca.com

Thanks for that... I am trying to compare which_table to the exact
string Plays.  Plays is not a variable/argument/integer/..../whatever,
I am just trying to see if the string that is returned from one of the
fields of my form (which_table) is equal to the string Plays.

<snip>

Tim:  tim.hicks@iname.com