[Zope] ZEO and a front end...

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:43:09 -0400

Curtis Maloney wrote:
> I think most people seem to be missing the point here.

While I think Bill addressed this, I am not missing your point.  By subdomaining
areas, you can assign those subdomains an IP address, which can be primarily
served by a Zope Client.

> The idea is that ALL servers can serve ALL content.  HOWEVER, the 'load
> balancer' will opt for a certain server for a certain URL, in order to
> improve cache hits.

Because you're using SiteAccess, every node can access the objects that the
subdomain-primary serves, so you can do loadbalancing or failover.  There might
be some delay as the secondaries draw objects from the siteserver.

> Have a better one,

My life has been so good lately I'm almost afraid to think of what that would be
like.

ethan mindlace fremen
Zopatistas Unite!