[Zope] Zope-killer: zSQL method that crashes Zope

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:50:32 +0100

Andy Gates wrote:
> The poison SQL is this:
>
>         select (<dtml-var field>, field2)
>         from tablename
>         where (field1= <dtml-sqlvar parameter1 type=string>
>                and <dtml-var field> <> '')

Now I guess our code wasn't like this, but I do remember that we've had
similar problems with lethal SQL methods that cause Zope to die silently
and leave nothing in the logs.

However, our setup was quite different:

Zope 2.1.4-2.1.6, Redhat Linux, MySQL

The problem is that ZSQL Methods don't seem to be very robust, to the
point of actualyl killing Zope rather than returning an exception.

I'd guess this is something that needs to be looked at but it's probabyl
one of those bugs that's hideous to track down (ZCAtalog index bug
anyone? ;-)

ah well,

Chris