[Zope] re: Meta Type Registry

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 19:53:43 +1000 (EST)

+----[ Steve Alexander ]---------------------------------------------
| Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote:
|
| > I'm not sure that Zope will actually let you successfully register two
| > classes or baseclasses with the same meta-type...
|
| The meta-type is further qualified by the name of the Product. This
| works without a problem if you're writing Python products, but there are
| some difficulties if you want to have two ZClasses with the same name.

                        for item in cat.objectValues():
                                if item.meta_type == "Category":

What about code like this ? While this one is explicitly searching for
sub objects, I have code that searches the acquisition path for
known meta_types, if someone else has a product with a meta_type I think
is mine, then bad things can happen... Cataloging also might cause an issue.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |