[Zope] "Resource not found" error whenever a DTML method tries to access Z Sql Method

LinuxFreedom web@linuxfreedom.com
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 16:03:22 -0400

Hello Everyone:

I have run into a problem which I think is probably a bug, but I can't be
sure--since I'm relatively new to Zope.

As part of the GenericUserFolder installation, it is necessary to run
certain DTML methods which access Z Sql Methods.  However, for some reason
whenever I try to execute a DTML method in this way, Zope returns the error:
"Resource not found".

The givens of my case are as follows:  I am running Zope 2.2 on Windows 98.
I am using MySQL 3.22.34.  I installed ZMySQLDA using the Zope How-To:
ZMySQLDA on Win32 (http://www.zope.org/Members/philh/mysql?pp=1 ).  I am
running Zope on port 8080.  The Z MySQL Database Connection uses the
localhost in the Database Connection String, with no reference to port 8080.

In order to isolate the problem, I have experimented with simply trying to
access a Z Sql Method from a DTML method, outside of the GenericUserFolder
context (such as in the root folder, as well as in a separate test folder).
So, I simply create a Z Sql Method called "testSQL", and I execute it to
make sure it works, which it does.

Then, I create a DTML Method, with the single line: <dtml-return
"testSQL()">.  And it does not work.  Nor does, <dtml-var "testSQL()">.  I
have also tried changing the syntax, e.g., no quotations, no parenthesis,
etc., all to no avail.

I had thought that this might be a permissions problem, so I turned on all
of the permissions for both methods; as well as assigning proxy roles, etc.,
but still, nothing.

I have also experimented with the following, all to no avail:  trying this
on the Zope version that was released before 2.2; using different versions
of the libmySQL.dll ; and installing the RDB.py patch.

I also looked in the usual suspects (low on hard drive space, memory, etc.).

The Zope Error reads:

Resource not found

Sorry, the requested Zope resource does not exist.

The Traceback reads:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\Program Files\ZOPE2.2\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 222,
in publish_module
  File C:\Program Files\ZOPE2.2\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187,
in publish
  File C:\Program Files\ZOPE2.2\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File C:\Program Files\ZOPE2.2\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 173,
in publish
  File C:\Program Files\ZOPE2.2\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py, line
308, in setBody
  File C:\Program Files\ZOPE2.2\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py, line
523, in notFoundError
NotFound: (see above)

Am I missing something obvious?  Could this have something to do with Zope
being set to port 8080?

At this point, I am probably going to use UserDB, in order to avoid this
command; but I thought this should be announced here.

Regards,
Roger Antao