[Zope] delays when processing form posts

Fernstrom, Christer Christer.Fernstrom@xrce.xerox.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 23:53:40 +0200

I get unexpectded long delays from Zope e.g. for processing form posts. For
example from an edit view under the management screen, simply requesting "wider"
takes at least 20 seconds (on a Pentium 2, 400 MHz under W2000). I'm not on a
network, and I remember sometimes having had problems working off-line with
HTTP servers in Python (blocking until time-out in a socket call). I have tried to
trace socket calls, but haven't seen anything unexpected. I'm new to Zope - maybe
this is normal behaviour?? Any hints?

christer fernstrom