[Zope] user permissions

Webmaster webmaster@ohiohistory.org
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:14:00 -0400

My installation is on RH Linux, however it sounds to me like you are having
the same problem.

I am no longer having the problem and the voodoo I doodood to get it working
seems like a bad dream now.

I created a simple user name "bob" and a one character password (I'm pretty
sure it was "1"). I then closed and reopened Netscape and logged in as "bob"
and it worked. I then created a second "manager" username and gave it a
regular password and it work like it should have the first time.

Of course all this happened after trying every conceivable incarnation of
usernames and passwords (two and three character passwords did NOT work),
stomping around my office, slamming doors and cursing everyone on the list
that did not answer my postS ;-)

Hope this helps!!

Jamey